Tuesday 3 February 2009

My garden shed isn't bigger....

I was offered a ticket to the Leicester vs. Walsall football game tonight and took up the offer. As a fan of neither team I went largely for the company and for the buzz that you get standing in an away enclosure. Never having been to Walsall's stadium I was gratified by the cosy atmosphere and size that meant that I was virtually standing on the pitch for the game.

Standing with the Leicester fans I was more than amused by the ironic banter and good humoured ribbing that they gave Walsall. Being so comfortably high in the table must add something to their mood but I particularly enjoyed the times when, because the Walsall fans were so silent, Leicester fans started cheering the opposition. This may be a common occurrence but nonetheless it made me smile.

The evening was completed for me by a clutch of goals, a sausage of doubtful meat content in a bun and a pint of beer on the way home. These blog entries are not going to be about football, largely as I have neither the time nor money to attend lots, but it was a good night well spent with a good friend.

On a final note, I'm not sure if admiration is the word to be used, but I did see a large man with a full tattoo but no shirt stand there for the whole game. Given the below freezing temperature of the night I have to salute his devotion. I didn't take a picture at the game but my friend assured me he was a bit of a legend and he would be on t'internet. Sure enough I have found his pic which I will copy in.



Until the next time....

1 comment:

  1. For some reason I feel like chanting 'who ate all the pies!'

    Am I a bad person?

    From
    Spy girl

    ReplyDelete