Thursday 30 April 2009

Scrabbled

Here we are then, my good intentions to write regularly dashed and I am held to account by the date attached to this post. I really enjoy writing but always put it off with one lame excuse after the next. Eventually I begin to feel guilty about it even though I know that is insane. I am sure I am the only person who reads this, nobody cares but I still get a pang of conscience when I think about how long it has been since putting fingers to keyboard.


I'm not going to waste too much time in self-analysis here, instead I will put down that which has fuelled my ire and driven me to tap out my thoughts. Bloody sodding Facebook Scrabble. I love Scrabble and think that the Facebook version is good. Not only can I play my friends but there are loads of strangers out there that will give me a game when noone else will. Sometimes though I don't know why I bother!


I set out with high hopes and look at my tile holder in eager anticipation, the game starts. Maybe I have a bit of banter maybe I don't. We have chosen the two minute time limit and sometimes the person I am playing goes over the time. I could at this point "force a forfeit" and win just because they are a couple of seconds over the time. But do I? Of course not. Their child may have walked into the room, they could be having an epileptic fit or something. I give them more time. If they take the piss and go well over I may consider it although if we have been chatting and having a good dialogue I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.


I played this woman tonight who hit the force forfeit button when I went one second over the time. I was winning by loads but a mix up with buttons meant my letters had gone down in the wrong order so as I tried to correct it I just went over the time and BANG game over. Bitch! I found her again and thought great, play her again and get my revenge. I was winning before, no problem. I then get the crappest set of letters ever and lose. I'm not being a bad loser, I wouldn't play if I wasn't prepared to lose but that is just rubbish.


My relaxing evening playing scrabble has left me wound up and tense. Its now 23:10 and I want to punch Rachel W with the cute picture of a child who's had their face painted like a leopard on her profile. I am well aware that this is irrational and that she was well within the rules of the game but its how I feel, this is my blog and I will vent if I want to.


I'm going to make sure I come on here and do more of this writing. I feel much better for it. I have other ideas for blogs and I could tidy up the site a bit. Tomorrow I am going to set a bit of time aside and do just that.


Until next time....


1 comment:

  1. I agree entirely with what you say about the Force Forfeit. I think it's one of the reasons the app has only been rated 3 stars out of 5 by FB users.

    ReplyDelete